New on the UK market are the following products to help fight against the signs of ageing. Let the battle commence!
Hyaluronic Acid naturally occurs in our skin. It helps retain moisture by absorbing about 1000 times its own weight in water, resulting in the plumping up of the skin and smoothing out of any wrinkles. Alas as we get older our natural production of this heavyweight beauty fighter slows down. So up for the first round and all the way from the sunny Gold Coast of Australia is:
Alpha H’s new serum Hyaluronic 8 Price £38.
With eight multi-weighted hydrating ingredients fighting its corner:
- Primalyhyal Ultrafiller packs the first punch with its flash filling effect to instantly help hydrate and reduce lines and wrinkles. Behaves like dermal filler but with no needle in sight.
- Hydranov encourages and boosts the skin’s own natural Hyaluronic Acid to stay in the game.
- Patch20 –this new molecular complex helps swell the skin’s moisture reservoir on contact and shows staying power by providing a sustained level of hydration.
- Cube3 – bigger is not always better. This little molecule is smaller than most other Hyaluronic Acid molecules used in beauty products so is able to duck and dive its way into the deeper layers of the skin. Small doesn’t mean weak as its primary ingredient is Sodium Hyaluronate (sodium salt of Hyraluronic Acid) which is able to hold up to 1000x its own weight in water and so plump up the skin.
Other team players are Lumicease, Pollushield, Aloe Vera and Cureberry which all work in synergy to protect the skin from pollution and blue light.
Launching into the second round with its very first product is Crème du Loch Age Defying Daily Moisturiser. Price £49.
In the beautifully packaged green corner is:
- Retinol – A firm favourite of the beauty industry which swiftly gets to work stimulating skin renewal to encourages a smoother even complexion. Also enhances collagen production to help reduce or prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rose Hip Oil – a smooth operator rich in vitamins A & C, antioxidants and essential fatty acids helps increase skin cell turnover and even out skin tone.
- Cranberry Seed Oil – an all rounder containing omega 3, 6 and 9 and vitamin E for hydration and general skin health.
- Cucumber Oil – playing it cool (as cucumbers do) this oil helps keep the skin protective barrier strong and helps improve firmness and elasticity.
But the champion ingredient emerges glistening from the Lochs of Scotland corner, and after bio processing becomes the refined Scottish Kelp Extract armed with many weapons to defy the ageing process including vitamins A, B1&2, C, d and E as well as minerals zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium.
Kelp sets out to protect the skin against external daily pollution, helps to protect collagen and so helps to prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. It also takes down and reduces the appearance of breakouts with its minerals and anti-inflammatory properties. And this champ shows its softer side by calming and soothing dry skin with its high iodine content.
The final round is to defeat those dark shadows under the eyes with No 7 Laboratories new Dark Circle Corrector taking up the challenge. Price £28 from Boots.
Ready for action are:
- Hyaluronic Acid wrestles down and binds water to help plump and firm the skin.
- Caffeine, liquorice and algae extract work together to calm, soothe and help reduce puffiness.
- Vitamin C and Sophora reduce the appearance of hyper pigmentation.
A patented antioxidant complex of mulberry, ginseng and vitamin C team up to reduce oxidative stress and protect the skin from free radicals.
Providing camouflage are clever adaptive light diffusing particles and colour correcting pigments available in 2 shades:
- Light/medium shade to help correct blue and red undertones.
- Medium/Dark shade to help correct red and brown undertones.