Race Programme for QIPCO British Champions Day 2012 (gates open at 10.30am):
- 1.45pm QIPCO British Champions Long Distance Cup (Group 3*) – 2 miles (round course) – £200,000
- 2.20pm QIPCO British Champions Sprint (Group 2*) – 6 furlongs (straight course) – £250,000
- 2.55pm QIPCO British Champions Fillies & Mares (Group 2*) – 1 mile 4 furlongs (round course) – £250,000
- 3.30pm Queen Elizabeth II Stakes sponsored by QIPCO (British Champions Mile) (Group 1) – 1 mile (straight course) – £1,000,000
- 4.05pm QIPCO Champion Stakes (British Champions Middle Distance) (Group 1) – 1 mile 2 furlongs (round course) – £1,300,00
- 4.45pm QIPCO Future Stars Apprentices Handicap** – 7 furlongs (straight course) – £50,000
* the two Group 2 races and one Group 3 contest are Group 1 races in all but name – there are
no penalties to be carried by Group race winners and they have a Group 1 level of prize money
** the QIPCO Future Stars Apprentices Handicap is the most valuable race in Europe for aspiring champion jockeys of the future and has doubled in value since last year
TV & Radio Coverage
- BBC television will be covering all five championship races live on BBC1 and BBC1 HD in a special three-hour programme, running from 1.30pm–4.30pm and presented by Clare Balding.
- BBC Radio 5 Live Sport, the station’s flagship Saturday afternoon programme, will be hosted live from Ascot.
- In a deal agreed at the time that QIPCO British Champions Day was created, both At The Races and Racing UK will cover all six races live on their racing channels.
International TV coverage
Through BBC Worldwide, QIPCO British Champions Day will be available in 84 countries with the confirmed live takers:
- Dubai Sports Channel (Pan Middle East – 17 Countries)
- Supersport (Pan Africa – 48 Countries)
- Eurosport Asia (Pan Asia – 17 Countries)
- Sport 5 (Israel)
- BeIN Sport (France)
The following countries will be taking a betting shop feed of the day through GBI: Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, USA, Canada, France, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Romania, Azerbaijan, Malta.