For a different type of Christmas pudding this year, treat your guests to this delicious Panna Cotta with Spiced Boozy Compote!
Note: you will need to make this the day before, as it needs to be chilled overnight. Serves 8.
For the Panna Cotta:
- 300ml single cream
- 500 ml whole milk
- 75gr caster sugar
- 3 x 2g gelatine leaves
- The zest of 1/2 orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks – bashed
For the berry compote:
- 500g of mixed frozen berries
- 50 ml of White Heron British Cassis
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 55g of brown sugar
- Put the cream, milk, spices, orange zest and sugar in a pan. Bring slowly to the boil, remove from the heat then leave to infuse for 20 mins. Sieve into another pan.
- In a bowl, cover the gelatine leaves in cold water and soak for 5 mins, until softened. Squeeze out any excess liquid and stir into the spiced milk. Reheat to dissolve the gelatine if necessary. Divide between eight glasses. Chill overnight to set.
- Meanwhile, make the compote. Add the frozen berries to a saucepan with the White Heron British Cassis, lemon zest, vanilla and sugar. Heat gently and stir to dissolve the sugar. Simmer for 10 mins, or until syrupy.
- Chill in the fridge overnight. Heat the compote until just warm and spoon over the Panna Cottas, or serve at room temperature.