Spring has finally sprung and it’s time to freshen up your grooming regime with a few new products.
Great Hair Day
John Frieda has brought out a hair care range especially for men – JF Man.
JF Man offers two ranges to tackle two top hair grooming priorities: LIFT for thin, flat hair that needs lift and support; and CONTROL for unruly, dry or thick hair that doesn’t play by the rules. At the moment it is sold exclusively at Boots:
Lift System includes three products:
- Energising shampoo formulated with Keratin protein for thicker feeling hair, £7.50.
- Lifting Clay Crème again with keratin protein. This matte-look clay lifts, defines and texturises for thicker feeling non greasy hair, £9.50.
- Humidity Blocking Hairspray helps lock your style in place. By blocking humidity it sustains a strong style all day and night, £9.50.
Control System includes:
- Taming shampoo to improve manageability, £7.50.
- Calming conditioner to hydrate and detangle rebellious hair, £7.50.
Then use one of the following products to achieve different looks.
- Grooming Gel – rub between your fingers and work through the hair to create your style. Air dry for firm hold, blow dry for a softer hold, £9.50.
- Sculpting Paste to smooth and shape coarse or unruly hair. Can be used on damp or dry hair to create a style, £9.50.
- Smoothing Crème to calm down coarse or unruly hair, just distribute throughout damp or dry hair, £9.50.
Soft to the Touch
Now you’ve tamed your hair it’s time to tame that beard frizz with Woody’s Beard & Tattoo Oil.
Yes, if you also have any tattoos, this oil infused with Moringa, Macadamia and Kukui nut oils will help make your tattoo ink look more vibrant!
Just apply one or two drops into your palms and distribute evenly throughout your beard or on your tattoo. The oil absorbs quickly feeling dry to the touch. Also can be used on dry skin patches such as elbows and knees.
Price £5.99 from Boots.
Oil for the Boys
Big Strong Man Moisture by Neighbourhood Botanicals shows facial oils are not just for women. This is a softening and strengthening facial oil for lasting moisture and to soothe irritation and razor burn.
This non-greasy blend soaks in fast and leaves a dewy antibacterial barrier to guard your skin against moisture loss during the day. Vitamin C and antioxidants deliver brightened tone, whilst the stimulating essential oil blend keeps skin clear and balanced. Just a little is needed.
Non-irritant and non-comedogenic, all natural, no synthetics, 100% cruelty free and hypoallergenic.
Price £28, available from Neighbourhood Botanicals.
Not that we think you will lose the shirt off your back at the races but for all you men who prefer to have a smooth body Nivea has brought out anti-irritation Body Shave range to make body shaving smooth sailing. All with Aloe Vera and Pro vitamin B5.
Body Shaving anti-irritation stick – the stick allows you to apply directly on to the skin leaving your hands clean from products and easy to use in the shower.
Body Shaving anti-irritation gel – the new transparent gel formula contains gliding polymers which stay put on the skin even under the shower.
Anti-irritation after shave lotion – supports your skin immediately after shaving, effectively helping protect it against irritation. The lotion absorbs quickly and moisturises, helping the skin to rebuild its natural protective layer to leave skin looking and feeling smooth and healthy.
Price £6 each from Boots.
Scent of a Man
Bentley Fragrances has added a new addition to its Momentum line: Bentley Momentum Unlimited – a contrast of crisp fruit and smooth leather.
- Crisp fruity top notes: Cardamom essence, Grapefruit and Green Apple.
- Polished heart: Vetiver essence, Cedarwood essence and Sandalwood essence.
- Smooth leather base notes: Leather, Ambroxan and Muscenone.
Will be available in House of Fraser from April 2018 RRP £59.