Goodwood Racecourse and L’Ormarins, sponsor of the Queen’s Plate, have formed a race sponsorship association, which links Glorious Goodwood with one of South Africa’s most high profile racedays.
The Grade Two Glorious Goodwood Peninsula Handicap was run at the prestigious L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate at Kenilworth Racecourse in January. In reciprocation, the Group Three L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate takes place on the Friday of Glorious Goodwood, 1 August, while a charity cricket match will happen after racing between a Lord March XI and a Johann Rupert XI in front of Goodwood House.
Gaynor and Johann Rupert, who sponsor the Queen’s Plate through their winery, L’Ormarins, said: “Glorious Goodwood is one England’s most famous sporting and social events of the year so we think the association is a great opportunity for L’Ormarins and the Queen’s Plate.”
Fashion at Glorious Goodwood is not just confined to Ladies’ Day on the Thursday, being a noted feature on all five days of the festival.
For the first time this year, there will be a Best Dressed Ladies competition on the Friday, 1 August, to celebrate the new partnership with L’Ormarins. Judges will be searching for an exquisitely dressed lady, looking elegant in the signature blue and white colours of L’Ormarins, while also echoing the magnificence of the racing at Goodwood. A stunning hat is a must to complete this elegant look.
A PRIZE OF A LIFETIME IS ON OFFER FOR TWO PEOPLE THAT INCLUDES
- Overnight flights from London to Cape Town
- Five nights at a luxury hotel
- A private wine tasting and lunch at L’Ormarins wine estate and Drakenstein Stud at Franschhoek
- Tour of the Franschhoek Motor Museum
- A free day for sightseeing at leisure
- A day at the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate race meeting at Kenilworth Racecourse on Saturday, 10 January, 2015
- Cocktails at the prestigious Merchants on Long
- Lunch at the fabulous Grand Cafe and Beach on Cape Town’s V&A waterfront
Adam Waterworth, Managing Director of Goodwood Racecourse, said: “This is the first time we have introduced a Best Dressed Ladies’ competition to Glorious Goodwood and we are delighted that one of our sponsors on the day, L’Ormarins, is offering such a fantastic prize.
“We look forward to welcoming our racegoers dressed in blue and white.”