Charlotte Tilbury, Team Tilbury and other leading artists were out in force ensuring celebrities were red carpet ready for The Met Gala and debuting Charlotte’s NEW Beauty Filters collection.
Inspired by technology and brought to life using the best formulas, the best colours and the best artistry techniques, these real-life beauty filters give the appearance of enhancing, perfecting, lifting, and blurring where you want it most. The collection includes Bigger Brighter Eyes palettes, Pretty Youth Glow Filter, Collagen Lip Bath and Legendary Lashes Volume 2.
Celebrities wearing Charlotte Tilbury products included Amal Clooney, Salma Hayek, Ruth Negga,Shailene Woodley, Sarah Jessica Parker, Gabrielle Union and Kate Upton.
Make-up by Team Tilbury and other leading make-up artists using Charlotte Tilbury products – how to get the look:
Salma Hayek’s Met Gala 2018 Make-up Look
Make-up by Matthew Van Leeuwen
- Salma’s skin was prepped with the best-selling Charlotte’s Magic Cream applied to her face and neck, creating the perfect canvas.
- For the ultimate Hollywood superstar-lit glow, Salma wore Magic Foundation in shades 6 and 7 blended with Hollywood Flawless Filter in shade 5.
- The Retoucher concealer in shade 3 was applied around the eyes and nose where needed, to mask any minor imperfections.
- To enhance Salma’s natural beauty and create the ultimate killer cheekbones, Charlotte’s Hollywood Contour Wand in Medium/Dark was paired with Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Medium/Dark to contour and add definition to the cheeks, temples, jawline and nose.
- To add an ultra-flattering pop of colour, Charlotte’s NEW Pretty Youth Glow Filter in Pretty Fresh (Available 5/31) was applied using Charlotte’s NEW Cheek Hug Brush (Available 5/31) for targeted, sculpting application and to add an instantly fresh, just run through the meadows pretty cheek glow.
- To create Salma’s smouldering, bigger and brighter eye look, Charlotte’s NEW Bigger Brighter Eyes palette in Transform-Eyes was applied using Charlotte’s PRIME, ENLARGE, DEFINE and POP sequence.
- The soft champagne gold PRIME shade was applied to the eyelid to help prime the eyelids making them look wider, fresher and elongated. A pop was added to the inner corners of the eyes too, to give the appearance of wider, brighter eyes.
- The ENLARGE shade, an enhancing copper-gold was used to contour the outer socket. This light-reflecting shade lifts the look of the eye.
- Next, the highly pigmented, dark chocolate DEFINE shade was applied along Salma’s lash line to add definition, brighten and lift the look of the eye.
- The look was finished with the deep brick red POP shade. This shade colour-contrasts with most eye-colours, adding vividness to the iris like a filter does.
- To add subtle definition to Salma’s brows and structure to her face, her brows were brushed up usingLegendary Brows in Clear and softly filled using Brow Lift in Naomi.
- Rock ‘N’ Kohl eyeliner pencil in Elizabeth Violet was drawn along the water line while Rock ‘N’ Kohl eyeliner pencil in Barbarella Brown was used to create an elongated feline flick for a subtle cat eye effect.
- Salma’s eye makeup look was finished using lashings of Charlotte’s NEW Legendary Lashes Volume 2on her top and bottom lashes for a lasting Hollywood flutter.
- Salma’s look was completed using Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pink Venus to create the effect of fuller, wider-looking lips.
- Salma’s lips were then filled using Charlotte’s Hot Lips lipstick in Hot Emily, a bright warm coral hue and finished with a coat of the NEW Collagen Lip Bath (Available 5/31) for a plumper, wider-looking pout.
- And finally, before Salma left for the red carpet, a light dusting of Charlotte’s Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in shade 2 was applied to perfect the skin to prevent excess shine.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Met Gala 2018 Make-up Look
Make-up by Leslie Lopez
- Sarah Jessica’s skin was prepped with the best-selling Charlotte’s Magic Cream, which was applied to her face and neck, moisturising the complexion and creating the perfect canvas for every red-carpet moment.
- For the ultimate superstar-lit glow, Sarah Jessica wore Hollywood Flawless Filter in Shade 3, which was applied on its own all over the face to give a fresh, glossy, all-over-glow.
- The Hollywood Beauty Light Wand was applied around the eyes and nose where needed.
- Charlotte’s NEW Pretty Youth Glow Filter in Pretty Fresh (Available 5/31) was applied to Sarah Jessica’s cheeks using Charlotte’s NEW Cheek Hug Brush (Available 5/31) for targeted, sculpting application. The fresh, coral pink blush and pearlescent pink highlighter duo add an instantly fresh, just run through the meadows pretty cheek glow.
- Charlotte’s Eyes to Mesmerise in Cleopatra was applied all over the lid, followed by Charlotte’s NEW Eyes to Mesmerise in Star Gold at the center of the eye and blended out.
- Next the soft champagne gold PRIME shade from Charlotte’s NEW Bigger Brighter Eyes palette in Transform-Eyes was applied to the eyelids, making them look wider, fresher and elongated.
- Sarah Jessica’s eye makeup look was finished using lashings of Charlotte’s NEW Legendary Lashes Volume 2 on her top and bottom lashes for a lasting Hollywood flutter.
- Charlotte’s NEW Collagen Lip Bath (Available 5/31), which was applied before makeup application, was first used to nourish and plump the appearance of lips.
- Charlotte’s Beach Stick in Las Salinas was then used for an ultra-flattering dewy, sumptuous pop of colour.
- Lastly, before Sarah Jessica left for the red carpet, a light dusting of Charlotte’s Airbrush Flawless Finish powder in Shade 2 was applied all over the face. She took it with her for touchups throughout the evening of revelry.
Amal Clooney’s Met Gala 2018 Make-up Look
Make-up by Charlotte Tilbury
- Charlotte began by cleansing Amal’s skin with her Multi-Miracle Glow. She followed this with her Goddess Skin Clay Mask, and then her award-winningInstant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask for red carpet-ready skin in just 15 minutes!
- Charlotte then applied her best-selling Charlotte’s Magic Cream to moisturise and create the perfect canvas.
- Next, Charlotte applied her Wonderglowprimer to give the skin a glowing, lit-from-within base.
- She then followed this by applying her famous Light Wonder Foundation in shades 6 and 7 all over the face, which she followed by dotting her Hollywood Flawless Filter in shade 2 along the cheekbones and high points of the face to create a superstar-lit Hollywood glow. This customisable complexion booster brings together the versatility of a primer, the mega-watt glow of a highlighter and the perfecting properties of your favourite digital filter for a filtered skin in seconds!
- To polish Amal’s complexion makeup, Charlotte used her Airbrush Flawless Finish powder in shades 1 and 2, and then applied her Filmstar Bronze & Glow, and her NEW Pretty Youth Glow Filter in PrettyFresh (Available 31/05) to the cheeks to lightly contour and add a pop of pink to round out the look.
- To add subtle definition and structure to Amal’s beautiful face, Charlotte used her Brow Lift in Brooke S to softly fill in and brush up her brows.
- To create the eye look, Charlotte first applied her Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette along the lids as a base, followed by the transparent sparkle POP shade from her NEW Bigger Brighter Eyes palette in Exagger-Eyes to widen and brighten their appearance.
- To finish, Charlotte applied the PRIME shade, a warm, eye-brightening ivory-cream which reflects light, to the inner corners to give the appearance of wider eyes, followed by a flash of her Hollywood Beauty Light Wand on the cheekbones.
- To create an elongating, soft feline flick, Charlotte then used The Classic eyeliner pencil in Audreyalong the lash line.
- To create a world-class Hollywood lash effect that will last all night, Charlotte first curled Amal’s lashes using her Life Changing Lashes eyelash curler, followed by an application of her NEW Legendary Lashes Volume 2 mascara to both the top and bottom lashes.
- To create a deeply divine lip, Charlotte outlined her NEW Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Kiss ‘N’ Tell to cheat fuller, wider-looking lips with a flawless, long-lasting finish.
- She then applied a mix of her Hollywood Lips matte liquid lipstick in Screen Siren and Hollywood Lips matte liquid lipstick in Walk of Fame. She then applied her NEW Collagen Lip Bath in Refresh Rose (Launching 31/05), creating a gorgeous fuller-looking, plump effect on the lips and the most sumptuous looking pout.
All available at www.charlottetilbury.com/uk