The November Meeting – formerly known as The Open – at Cheltenham is staged on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 17th to 19th November 2017.
The November Meeting is the second highest-profile meeting at Cheltenham and provides a weekend of entertainment, sport and fun not to be missed, including an enormous ‘Shopping Village’.
FRIDAY 17th NOVEMBER 2017 – COUNTRYSIDE DAY
Friday is the hugely popular Countryside Day, with a traditional country fair atmosphere. Add in the thrills of top-class racing, the season’s first Glenfarclas Cross Country Steeplechase over a unique course combining hedges, banks and timber rails and you have a sporting day out which is normally enjoyed by in excess of 20,000 people.
Countryside Day is a tradition dating back over two decades where money is raised for the Countryside Alliance and Injured Jockeys Fund. There will be pre-racing activities in the paddock to raise awareness of these important organisations as well as a silent auction for racegoers to support.
2017 Countryside Day Order of Running
- 1030 – Gates Opening
- 1215 – Basset Hounds on the members’ lawn
- After the second race – Hunt parade on the course
- There will be live music throughout the day on the Best Mate Plaza from the Hip Cats as well as The Chip Shop Boys continuing the party atmosphere in the Final Flight Bar after racing.
|12.40||The Markel Insurance Amateur Riders Handicap Steeple Chase (0–140) (Class 3)||3m abt 1f , Chase|
|1.15||The Fairlight Books Novices’ Handicap Hurdle Race (0–125) (Class 3)||2m abt ½f , Hurdle|
|1.50||The BetVictor Handicap Chase (0–145) (Class 2)||Abt 2m , Chase|
|2.25||The Steel Plate And Sections Novices’ Steeple Chase (Class 2)||2m abt 4½f , Chase|
|3.00||The Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Steeplechase (Class 2)||3m 6f , Chase|
|3.35||The Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle Race (Grade 2)||2m abt 5f , Hurdle|
SATURDAY 18th NOVEMBER 2017 – BETVICTOR GOLD CUP DAY
The highlight of the meeting is Saturday’s Gold Cup, a race that has been a high point of the autumn racing calendar since 1960. Its rich history has seen most of the greatest trainers and jockeys victorious and the race always seems to produce a wonderful finish and celebration to match. Undoubtedly, this great chase is bound to unearth another star or two this season.
2017 BetVictor Gold Cup Day Order of Running
- Saturday’s music includes Cheltenham favourites Hipcats performing in the Best Mate Plaza all day, Lucky 15’s in The Centaur, and the popular Chip Shop Boys leading the party in the Final Flight bar.
|12.40||The JCB Triumph Hurdle Trial (Grade 2)||2m abt ½f , Hurdle|
|1.15||The mallardjewellers.com Novices’ Steeple Chase (Class 2)||3m abt ½ f , Chase|
|1.50||The BetVictor Handicap Steeple Chase (Grade 3)||3m abt 3½f , Chase|
|2.25||The BetVictor Gold Cup Steeplechase (Grade 3)||2m abt 4½f , Chase|
|3.00||The Regulatory Finance Solutions Handicap Hurdle Race (Listed)||3m abt 1½ f , Hurdle|
|3.30||The Martin & Co Jewellers Intermediate Handicap Hurdle Race (Class 3)||2m abt 5f , Hurdle|
|4.00||The Jockey Club Mares’ Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Listed)||2m abt ½f , Flat|
SUNDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2017 – THE NOVEMBER MEETING SUNDAY
Sunday’s feature is the highly competitive Greatwood Handicap Hurdle, followed by the Sky Bet Supreme Trial Novices’ Hurdle; both races are almost always won by rising stars of the hurdling world. Off the track there is plenty to entertain the whole family and don’t miss the Family Hospitality Offer where under 12’s eat for free in the Horseshoe Pavilion facility.
The November Meeting Sunday Order of Running
- Family Fun Zone with special visits from Peter Rabbit. The first 500 children will receive a walking pet balloon, and balloon artists Twistina and Twistopher will be there to enthral with their art. Entertainment includes Showtime Shane, face-painting, pony plaiting, horse hoppers, colouring in and rosette making – and certificates to take home to remember the day. There will also be live Animal Magic, bringing a collection of unusual animals for you to meet. Radio 1 stars Greg James and Chris Smith will be in the Family Fun Zone throughout the day signing copies of their new book ‘KidNormal’. They are also giving away free copies to the first 150 Junior Jumpers through the Fun Zone door to have signed.
- Saturday’s music includes Cheltenham favourites Hipcats who will be performing throughout the Best Mate Plaza all day long.
|1.15||The ROA/Racing Post Owners’ Jackpot Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle Race (Class 3) (Qualifier for The Challenger Staying Hurdle Series||2m abt 5f , Hurdle||
|1.50||The Racing Post Arkle Trophy Trial Novices Steeple Chase (Grade 2)||Abt 2m, Chase||
|2.25||The Shloer Steeplechase (Grade 2)||Abt 2m, Chase||
|3.00||The StanJames.com Greatwood Hurdle Race (a Handicap) (Grade 3)||2m abt ½f , Hurdle||
|3.30||The Sky Bet Supreme Trial Novices’ Hurdle Race (Grade 2)||2m abt ½f , Hurdle||
|4.00||The High Sheriff of Goucestershire’s Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Listed)||2m abt ½f , Flat|
Read more at http://cheltenham.thejockeyclub.co.uk/