Languish in this lovely summer weather with a seasonal strawberry cocktail (or three!)…
During the day sample a refreshing Strawberry Pimm’s. Watch the sun go down with a saucy Sicilian Sunset. And indulge in after-dinner drinks with an irresistible Chocolate & Strawberry Martini.
Strawberry Pimm’s Cocktail
- Ice cubes
- 200ml Pimm’s Strawberry With A Hint Of Mint
- 600ml lemonade
- Sliced cucumber, orange, strawberries and mint sprigs, to serve
1. Fill a large jug with ice and pour in the Pimm’s and lemonade.
2. Add the fruit and mint, stir well and serve in tall glasses with straws.
Try freezing the cocktail overnight in moulds for grown-up ice lollies.
- 355ml bottle Sicilian Ruby Orange Galvanina
- 150ml Campari
- 2 small strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bottle Waitrose Bright & Fruity Italian Sparkling Wine
- Mix the Sicilian ruby orange drink and Campari together in a small jug.
- Place a strawberry slice in each base of 8 flute glasses and pour in the mixture.
- Top up with the sparkling wine and serve.
Chocolate & Strawberry Martini
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50ml strawberry vodka
- 30ml strawberry syrup (from a can of strawberries in syrup)
- Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Strawberry Dust to garnish
- Sprinkle the strawberry dust in an even layer over a saucer, moisten the rim of the glass then roll in the dust to coat.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in 30 second bursts in the microwave then leave to cool slightly.
- Pour the vodka and syrup into the bowl with the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add the chocolate mixture then shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with a chocolate covered strawberry if you like, and serve.