On all four days there will be a real sense of fashion, plenty of hats and designer suits mixed with those sporting more relaxed summer clothing, however for many there remains an extra special feel about Thursday as it is Ladies’ Day, complete with the chance to win a trip to Dubai courtesy of Marriott Hotels.
The sporting action attracts the best fillies as the Group One Darley Yorkshire Oaks and Jaguar Cars Lowther Stakes are highly treasured titles.
And keep an eye to the sky, as the RAF Falcons parachute display team are due to drop in.
- The DBS Premier Yearling Stakes One of the most valuable races in Britain for two-year-olds, offering juveniles that were graduates of last year’s St Leger Yearling Sales at Doncaster Bloodstock Sales a big reward. North Yorkshire produced a star last year when Wootton Bassett came to prominence for Richard Fahey and Paul Hanagan. Watch out for the giant cheque (in all senses of the word) presentation to the winning connections!
- The Jaguar Cars Lowther Stakes The richest Group 2 race for leading two-year-old fillies, won last year by the impressive Hooray for trainer Sir Mark Prescott. This race welcomes back as sponsors, Jaguar Cars. Several hundred horsepower will also be on display on the weighing room lawn as the team showcase Jaguar XJ and award-winning XF saloon.
- The Addleshaw Goddard Stakes This valuable Heritage Handicap race over one mile is sure to attract a good turnout and is supported for the sixth time by the leading law firm of Addleshaw Goddard.
- The Darley Yorkshire Oaks This Group 1 race for top flight fillies continues to be the richest Group 1 open to fillies and mares of all ages with £310,000 on offer. It is sure to attract the stars from across the generations; a clash between the English and Irish Oaks winners is a regular occurrence.
- The European Breeders’ Fund ‘Selkirk’ Galtres Stakes Another Listed race, also restricted to fillies and mares, is one of 15 contests at York generously supported by The European Breeders’ Fund.
- The eventmasters.co.uk Stakes Day two concludes with another recent addition to the programme, the joint longest of the meeting, a valuable Handicap contest for stayers over two miles. Backed by sponsors reaching a decade of support for York, Eventmasters, the Birmingham-based corporate hospitality specialists.